William Derek Field
M, #5022, b. 1938, d. 12 Sep 1959
|Father*||Herbert Brooker Field b. 1899, d. 16 Sep 1951|
|Mother*||Winifred Eva Randall d. 18 Oct 1991|
|Note||No death notice in Age 14/15 Sep 1959, not checked further.|
|Note*||12 Sep 1959|| W. D. Field Memorial Bridge. This obelisk is erected by Caulfield District Boy Scouts in memory of Sapper William Derek Field R.A.E. who was accidentally killed on 12th September 1959 during bridge construction.|
.. Commemorates Sapper William Derek Field accidentally killed here during the construction of the bridge.1
|Death*||12 Sep 1959||Heidelberg, VIC, Australia, #D15480 (age 21) [par Herbert Book FIELD & Winifred Eva RANDALL].2|
|Village Bell*||Oct 1986||The article reads: Memorials|
Sapper Derek Field Memorial - beside the bridge in the Scout Camp area off Harpfields Road, marking a death by accident during construction of the bridge.3
- [S50] Miscellaneous Source, http://monumentaustralia.org.au/monument_display.php
- [S5] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Death Index Victoria 1921-1985.
- [S15] Newspaper - Village Bell "052-1986, p11."
- [S49] Index of burials in the cemetery of Cheltenham,.
- [S16] Newspaper - The Age 14 Sep 1959, p3.
|Last Edited||26 Apr 2014|