Margaret Dunlop Campbell
F, #7713, b. 17 Aug 1915, d. 17 Apr 2008
|Birth*||17 Aug 1915||Strathfield, Sydney, NSW, Australia.1|
|Birth-Notice*||28 Aug 1915||CAMPBELL.—On the 17th August, at "Minoru," Wolseley street, Strathfield, Sydney, to Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Campbell—a daughter.1|
|Marriage*||21 Aug 1935|| Spouse: Sir James Ralph Darling. Toorak Presbyterian Church, Toorak, VIC, Australia, #M10052.2,3,4|
|Marriage-Notice*||28 Aug 1935||DARLING-CAMPBELL.—On the 21st August, 1935, at Toorak Presbyterian Church, by the Rev. Dr. John Mackenzie, Margaret Dunlop Campbell, elder daughter of the late Mr. John D. Campbell and Mrs. J. D. Campbell of Kintyre, Heyington place, Toorak, to James Ralph Darling, of Geelong, elder son of Mr. and Mrs. A. M. Darling, of the Old Rectory, Trinley, Ipswich, England.3|
|Land-UBeac*||6 Oct 1950||PAK-224, Kamarooka. Transfer from Francis Joseph Griffin (Captain) to Margaret Dunlop Darling. 45a 1r 30p.5|
|Land-Note*||28 Apr 1971||PAK-224 l/p 90591. Subdivided the land into Lots One to 9 - C/T 8875-969 to 8875-977.6|
|Widow||1 Nov 1995||She became a widow upon the death of her husband Sir James Ralph Darling.7|
|Death*||17 Apr 2008||VIC, Australia.8|
|Death-Notice*||18 Apr 2008||DARLING (nee Campbell) Margaret Dunlop 17.08.1915 - 17.04.2008|
Died peacefully at home surrounded by her family.
Eldest daughter of John Dewar Campbell and Margaret Henrietta Campbell (nee Dunlop) (both dec.) Beloved sister of Elizabeth (dec.) and Alison Mary McNeil.
Beloved wife of James Ralph Darling (dec.) His devoted and constant companion for sixty years.
Much loved mother of Jane, Elizabeth, Caroline and John. Mother-in-law of Robert Gray, Ivan Sutherland, Ben Shearer and Sara Darling.
Grandmother of Peter and Michael Gray; James, Charles and Nick Sutherland; and Andrew and Tim Shearer, "Granny D" to 17 great-grandchildren.
Loving and generous aunt of Fiona Blanch and Elspeth Killip.9
|Probate (Will)*||Margaret Dunlop DARLING. Home Duties. Armadale. 17 Apr 2008. 1303796.8|
- [S11] Newspaper - The Argus (Melbourne, Vic.), 28 Aug 1915, p13.
- [S50] Miscellaneous Source, http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/22063/20081031-1408/…
- [S11] Newspaper - The Argus (Melbourne, Vic.), 28 Aug 1935, p1.
- [S6] Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Marriage Index Victoria 1921-1942.
- [S185] Property Titles ; PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), C/T 7413-421 - Margaret Dunlop Darling of Geelong Church of England Grammar School Corio Married Woman.
- [S185] Property Titles ; PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), C/T 7413-421 - subdivided into Lots One to 9 - C/T 8875-969 to 977.
- [S333] Newspaper (England) - The Independent (London), 15 Nov 1995
- [S35] Probate Records, PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), VPRS 28/P39, unit 295.
- [S16] Newspaper - The Age (Melbourne, Vic.), 18 Apr 2008, p16.
|Last Edited||27 Nov 2017|
Hanrahan William Louis Williams
M, #7715, b. Jun 1852, d. 23 May 1884
|Father*||William Williams b. 1825, d. 10 Dec 1890|
|Mother*||Jane Ferguson Gillard b. 18 Apr 1827, d. 4 Sep 1880|
|Birth*||Jun 1852||Kensington, London, England, Jun Q [Kensington] 1a 59.1|
|Land-UBeac*||17 May 1879||Hanrahan William Louis Williams selected land from the Crown. GEM-C-61. 20a 0r 0p - Land File 2929/49. Originally selected by H. W. L. WILLIAMS on 23 Jul 1879, but crown grant to his father W. WILLIAMS.2|
|Death*||23 May 1884||Bath, Somerset, England, Jun Q [Bath] 5c 445 (Age 34.)1|
|Death-Notice*||28 May 1884||WILLIAMS. -On the 23rd inst., at Lark-hall, Bath, England, H. W. L. Williams, eldest son of W. Williams, Bryn Hyrst, Orrong-road, Windsor. Aged 32.3|
|Land-Note*||6 Sep 1888|| GEM-C-61. William Williams Melbourne, Sept 6 1888.|
To the Honorable the President of the Board of Lands and Works, Melbourne.
Sir, In explanation of my attaching my signature to this application I do myself the honor to state.
1st That the original selector (my late son) is dead.
2nd That he was unmarried at the time of his decease.
3ed That he had no estate at the time of his death of sufficient importance to render it necessary to take out letters of administration.
4th That I am his legal heir.
I have the honor to be Sire Your most obedient servant William Williams.4
|Land-UBeac*||b 23 Jul 1889||GEM-C-61. Transfer from Hanrahan William Louis Williams to William Williams. 20a 0r 0p.5|
- [S9] Free BMD. Index. Online @ https://www.freebmd.org.uk/.
- [S81] Land Records & Parish Maps ; PROV (Public Records Office Victoria). VPRS 439/P0000/250 49/2929 GEMBROOK C -- 61 20--0--0 1874 - 1889
Hanrahran William Louis Williams, Civil Servant, Office of Titles Melbourne.
- [S11] Newspaper - The Argus (Melbourne, Vic.), 28 May 1884, p1.
- [S81] Land Records & Parish Maps ; PROV (Public Records Office Victoria). VPRS 439/P0000/250 49/2929 GEMBROOK C -- 61 20--0--0 1874 - 1889.
- [S185] Property Titles ; PROV (Public Records Office Victoria), C/T 2212-340 - William Williams of Armadale.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2017|